Thursday, April 29, 2010

I've Created a Monster!

When my husband and I first lived together, it was college. We put the furniture where it made sense, and didn't think about it for the rest of the year. Then we moved out here, and found this amazing apartment, with room for everything. The only problem: I got pregnant and started nesting. We have had our furniture in just about every possible combination... or so I keep telling myself. It slowed down for a little while, and I thought we had created a good space.

And then, out of the blue, Michael suggests moving the furniture. I thought it was weird, but we went with it. And then we were good again. Until Michael suggested another change. And then another. And then he starts bringing wall art in (which are finally now off the walls and gone). But now, I don't need to suggest to change furniture, because he's going to get the itch before me!

Today, Michael found a new tv stand that he just had to have. So we spent some time moving the heaviest tv I've ever lifted, so that our tv could go on the new stand, and Katherine's tv is on the old stand. But to put that stand in her room, we had to rearrange the furniture in her room. So that was an hour of stress that was completely optional. And we're also working on moving shelves around to better hold all our stuff.

I know that I started the furniture circus when I was nesting, but somehow I instilled in him that change is necessary for our aparment frequently, when it's not. Sometimes it's nice to just let it be for awhile. But will Michael let it be? No. I've created a monster... an interior design monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment