Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Celebrity Spotted!

Once, my husband came home from a trip out of state, and he said that he saw a comedian at the airport, even sitting near him. I couldn't believe that he couldn't ask for an autograph, or have a conversation with the guy. Of course, I've never been star-struck. That is, not until now. I went to a seminar for work downtown Portland (or P-town as my husband calls it). During the lunch break, my friend and I decided to walk around the area and window shop. All of a sudden, I look up and walking past me is Michael McDonald (from MadTV, not the old singer). I could barely process that he was familiar to me before we passed each other, and then I was just like, "What just happened? Who was that guy? Why couldn't I say hi? I need paper and pen to get an autograph!" I mean, come on! He's Stuart! He's an amazing comedian! But my brain just did not work fast enough to get over the star-struckness that I was going through in time to actually do something in the moment. And since my friend seemed completely clueless as to who just walked by, I wasn't going to demand that we backtrack. Oh well. But, for a second, I was in the presence of an amazing comedian. And now I understand that that's enough. So, I'll try not to make fun of my husband anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment