Monday, April 6, 2009

Travel!

I work for a travel agency, but not as an agent. I've never done any serious traveling in my life that required a travel agent, so I knew very little about the topic. HOWEVER, now that I've seen the industry from this angle, I would NEVER plan a cruise or rail trip by myself. Too much could go wrong! Why would I want to do that to myself? Why would anyone? Cruise businesses are getting lazy, cheap, and even going out of business. You NEED someone in your corner, and that's your travel agent.

Oh! And if you're stupid enough to book without travel insurance, but your agent is so nice that they'll fight to get you some money back, you BETTER shut up and be nice about it. Complaining about how long it takes, or a minor mistake is just RUDE! I don't know how the agents keep their cool on the phone with you. We're doing extra work to get you a lot of money, and none for us, so smile and say thank you. Jerks. Learn some manners and class.

No comments:

Post a Comment